We love pets, but they can be tough on your carpets – especially if they urinate on them. That’s why A-OK Chem-Dry is proud to offer our Pet Urine Removal Treatment, or P.U.R.T.®, which can eliminate even the most persistent pet urine odors from your home. This advanced pet urine treatment service is available throughout Elgin, Schaumburg, Algonquin, and nearby.
If you’ve ever tried to remove urine odors from your home, you already know: Simple cleaning and treating won’t get the job done. The reason is that urine deposited onto carpet doesn’t stay there. Instead, urine can soak into the backing of the carpet and the padding underneath it. Urine – and its odors – can even permeate wood or cement ﬂoors, the tack strip, and even the framework of the house behind the walls.
Here’s something else to consider: Pets often urinate repeatedly in the same general location. So if you notice a urine spot, chances are that it’s already been a target more than once. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals left behind become even more concentrated and pungent. So even if you think you’re treating a urine spot for the first time, it may already be too late for a simple treatment to work.
Until recently, even carpet cleaning professionals had trouble removing pet urine odors from homes. But that’s changed – thanks to P.U.R.T. When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys it. Put simply: P.U.R.T. is wonderfully effective.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined
- P.U.R.T. solution is applied to break down urine crystals in the carpet
- Carpet-based urine crystals are extracted with a hot water rinse
- In bad cases, the carpet pad or sub-floor may be need to be examined
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced
- If necessary, an odor-blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor
- If necessary, P.U.R.T. will be applied to the tack strip, sub-ﬂoor, baseboards, and carpet backing
- P.U.R.T. will break down odor-causing components over the next 24 to 36 hours
You, your family, and your guests needn’t suffer from pet urine odors. Call A-OK Chem-Dry, and we’ll get rid of them for good. Call us and you’ll discover why pet owners count on us to remove the toughest odors and stains in Elgin, Schaumburg, Algonquin, and for miles around!